The True Cost Of A Canada Goose Jacket
So it’s almost that time of the year again and it truly saddens me to see people wearing these coats. I wonder if the majority of the people wearing them even know the TRUE COST of them. Some might say it’s one of the warmest jackets but I think it’s got to be the coldest.
Here are some facts about these coats.
- Canada Goose uses REAL coyote fur as trim on the hoods of their parkas
- Canada Goose traps and kills these coyotes with the infamous leg-hold trap
- For some sick reason it’s still legal in every province and territory across Canada and remains the most widely used trap despite being banned in many countries
- Many animals die trying to free themselves, as well as from dehydration, blood loss and hypothermia
- Some animals become so desperate that they break teeth chewing and/or twisting off their own limbs to escape
- Some estimate that for every ‘target’ animal, up to 10 ‘trash’ animals are killed
- These trash animals routinely include dogs and cats as well as endangered species
- The down feathers that insulate the coat are collected through a procedure called live plucking
- A worker restrains the bird and rips out feathers by the handful
For more information: