It’s everyone’s favourite time of the year, endless shopping, sugar, and Santa. For me personally, I’m not a fan of winter but I’ll be honest, the Christmas season does put a smile on my face. Cuddling up by the fire with my dogs, while getting sugar high, could it get any better?
Unfortunately Starbucks doesn’t have their vegan drinks listed, and trying to figure out what drinks don’t contain dairy is time consuming, and we don’t want to be that person holding up the line. After all, caffeine addicted people can be quite scary. I decided to make a list of all my favourite holiday drinks right now, I hope you find it helpful!
Starbucks Holiday Drink Guide
Of course the first thing would be to always remember to substitute the milk – they offer an organic soy and Sumatra coconut milk.
The following ingredients are not vegan: Whipped cream, protein powder, caramel drizzle, java chips, pumpkin spice, white mocha, and caramel brulee syrup.
Vegan syrups to add to any drinks for extra flavour: Vanilla and sugar-free vanilla syrup, caramel and sugar-free caramel syrup, hazelnut and sugar-free hazelnut syrup, almond syrup, peppermint syrup, simple syrup, marshmallow syrup and gingerbread syrup.
Vegan Powders to add to any drinks for extra flavour: Nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, and chocolate.
Just to be safe always mention that you’re vegan. I was always too shy to tell any type of server that I was vegan to avoid the stereotype of if someone’s vegan they will tell you, but I realized how much easier it would make everything, and it really has!
Favourite holiday drinks right now:
Caramel Brulée Latte
* Ask for half caramel syrup and half toffee nut, no whip, and no drizzle, the sprinkles are vegan so why not get extra!
Chestnut Praline Latte
* Make sure you get alternative milk
Christmas Cookie Latte
* Ask for quarter vanilla, toffee nut, and peppermint syrup. For more sugar ask them to sprinkle some on top for that Christmas cookie feel.
Gingerbread Latte or Gingerbread Tea Latte
* Sprinkle nut meg on top for an extra kick – make sure there’s no cinnamon dolce
* Ask for a powder (before they put in the milk), or syrup to flavor this classic drink
Peppermint Mocha Latte
* This is my FAVOURITE right now – without the mocha (Although today I’ve read on a few sites that it is vegan? – Going to ask again next time I go – Or if you know please let me know)
Holiday Spice Flat White
* This drink has all your holiday flavours combined – nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger.
Candy Cane Latte
* Ask for half vanilla syrup, and half peppermint
Caramel Apple Latte
* Ask for steamed apple juice, caramel syrup, and cinnamon powder.
I hope I made all of you bitches thirsty.
Also if you’re curious on Starbucks other vegan drinks (that they carry all year round) click here.
Thanks for reading.
& remember a kinder world begins with you.